Skip to main content

Drive your career forward

Accelerate your education through the Department of Civil, Environmental and Construction Engineering’s B.S. to M.S. program, which allows high achieving students to complete the requirements for the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees simultaneously.

Students in front of laptop


  • Earn a B.S. and an M.S. simultaneously
  • Choose a master’s degree in civil engineering or environmental engineering
  • No GRE required for the M.S.
  • Graduate-level classes offered online


Undergraduate CECE students of junior or senior standing may apply for the accelerated B.S. to M.S. program. Students can choose to pursue the following master’s degrees:

  • Master of Science in Civil Engineering (M.S.CE)
  • Master of Science in Civil Engineering (M.S.)
    • Smart Cities Track
    • Structural Engineering Track
    • Water Resources Track
    • Transportation Engineering Track
  • Master of Science in Environmental Engineering

To be admitted into the program, applicants must submit a current resume along with a statement of educational, research and professional career objectives. Applicants must also have a bachelor’s degree in a related field.

To apply for the program, log in to the MyUCF portal and navigate to the Student Self Service Panel. From there, navigate to the Scholarship Application area. If you are eligible, the application will appear. Please note that admission to the B.S. to M.S. program does not automatically guarantee admission to an CECE graduate program.



July 1



Students working on laptops


While licensure or certification may be available in this field of study, our program does not directly lead to such licensure or certification upon graduation. The professional preparation you receive in our program meets the educational requirements for licensure as a professional engineer and may still assist you in such pursuits; however, the licensing authority and requirements for professional engineers falls under the jurisdiction of the licensing board for the state, territory, or foreign entity in which engineer practices.

If you intend to pursue such credentialing in your state or elsewhere, we strongly advise you to contact the applicable state credentialing authority to familiarize yourself with its specific requirements. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact undergraduate advisor Mary Lynne Rush with questions in this regard and we will do our best to assist you in your career planning.


Mary Lynne Rush
Undergraduate advisor