(total more than 90 peer-reviewed journal and conference articles)
- Guo, Yanyong, Tarek Sayed, and Mohamed H. Zaki. “Exploring Evasive Action–Based Indicators for PTW Conflicts in Shared Traffic Facility Environments.” Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems 144.11 (2018):
- Zaki, T. Sayed. Automated Analysis of Pedestrian Group Behavior in Urban Settings. IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Transactions, 19(6), 1880-1889.
- Zaki, T. Sayed. Automated Cyclist Data Collection under High-Density Conditions. IET Intelligent Transport Systems, 10.5 (2016): 361-369.
- Zaki and T. Sayed Exploring walking gait features for the automated recognition of distracted pedestrians. IET Intelligent Transport Systems 10.2 (2016): 106-113.
- Zaki, O. Hasan, S. Tahar, and G. Al Sammane, Chapter 5: Framework for Formally Verifying Analog and Mixed Signal Designs In Computational Intelligence in Analog and Mixed-Signal (AMS) and Radio-Frequency (RF) Circuit Design, Springer, pp.115-145, 2015
- Lahiouel, M.Zaki, and S. Tahar. Towards Enhancing Analog Circuits Sizing Using SMT- based Techniques. In 52nd ACM/EDAC/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC) Conference,2015, San Francisco, CA
- Zaki, T. Sayed: Using Automated Walking Gait Analysis for the Identification of Pedestrian Attributes, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Elsevier, 48: 16-36, 2014.
- Zaki and T. Sayed, A framework for automated road-users classification using movement trajectories, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Elsevier, vol. 33, p. 50- 73, 2013.
- Autey, T. Sayed, M. Zaki. Safety Evaluation of Right-Turn Smart Channels Using Automated Traffic Conflict Analysis, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Elsevier, Vol. 45, pp. 120-130, 2012.
- Denman, M. Zaki, S. Tahar, and L. Rodrigues. Towards Flight Control Verification using Automated Theorem Proving; In NASA Formal Methods, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6617, Springer Verlag, 2011, pp. 84-97.
- Zaki, W. Denman, S. Tahar, and G. Bois. Integrating Abstraction Techniques for the Formal Verification of Analog Designs; AIAA Journal of Aerospace Computing, Information, and Communication, Vol. 6, May 2009, pp. 373-392.
- Denman, B. Akbarpour, S. Tahar, M. Zaki, and L.C. Paulson. Automated Formal Verification of Analog Designs using MetiTarski; In IEEE International Conference on Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design, Austin, TX, USA, Nov. 2009.
- Zaki, G. Al Sammane, S. Tahar, and G. Bois: Combining Symbolic Simulation and Interval Arithmetic for the Verification of AMS Designs; Proc. IEEE International Conference on Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design, Austin, Texas, USA, November 2007, IEEE Computer Society Press.
- Al Sammane, M. Zaki, and S. Tahar: A Symbolic Methodology for the Verification of Analog and Mixed-Signal Designs; In IEEE/ACM Design Automation and Test in Europe, Nice, France, April 2007.
- Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering (Starting 8/2018): Civil, Environmental & Construction Engineering, University of Central Florida, Orlando
- Research Associate Staff at Transportation Engineering (4/2010-5/2018) Civil Engineering, at University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Postdoctoral Fellow (9/2008-4/2010) in Computer Science at University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Transportation Research Board (TRB), National Research Council, National Academies
- Member, Standing Committee on Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Computing Applications (ABJ70)
- Active Contributor (friend) in the following TRB Committees: (ANF10) (ANF20) Bicycles. (ANB20) Safety Data, Analysis, and Evaluation.
- Invited on a regular basis to review research papers in more than 20 international and high- impact-factor
Awards, honors, chair positions or other recognition
- Concordia Graduate Teaching Assistant Fellowship (Sep. 2005 – May 2006).
- Resmiq (Regroupement Strategique en Microsystemes du Quebec) Scholarship (Jan. 2004 – Dec. 2004) and (Sep. 2005 – Aug. 2006).
- Best Presentation Award: UBC Post-doctoral Research Day, August 23,
- Best Paper Award: IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI, 2015
- Paper “Assessing the Effect of Pedestrians’ Use of Cell Phones on Their Walking Behavior: A Study Based on Automated Video Analysis.” Transportation Research Record (2018) was featured in many news outlets including TreeHugger, New York Times, CBC, CTV
- My research in bicycle safety was covered in Momentum Magazine, and Traffic Technology magazine International in the article “Vulnerable Road-Users,” issue April/May 2015