The presentation will address the following points
- A transportation-focused look at the use of advanced technologies within a smart city;
- The definition of the term “big data” and its relevance to smart city transportation;
- The role of connected and autonomous vehicles within a smart city;
- The definition of analytics and how analytics can be applied to smart city transportation;
- The concept of smart city transportation use cases;
- Guidance on an effective approach to building a data lake that will enable analytics;
- A sketch planning approach to benefits and costs for smart city services.
Bob is an internationally recognized subject matter expert in smart cities, connected vehicles and the application of big data analytics to transportation. He has more than 30 years of experience in helping public sector transportation organizations harness the full power of advanced technologies and has provided expert level consulting services in the Asia-Pacific, Middle East, North American and European markets. Assignments have included work for both central and local government organizations regarding transit, freeways, arterials, and multimodal system management applications of advanced technology.
Bob has also assisted private sector companies to either enter or reposition in the advanced transportation technology market. He has published more than 30 articles and three books on advanced transportation technology topics. His latest book “Big Data Analytics for Connected Vehicles and Smart Cities” was published at the end of August 2017. While originally from Scotland, he is now based in Orlando Florida and currently focuses on the use of big data and analytics to understand the effects of investment in transportation systems and transportation management systems.