OUR MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The University of Central Florida’s CECE Department houses three undergraduate programs:
- Civil Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org
- Environmental Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org
- Construction Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org
College Mission Statement
The CECS primary mission is to further the knowledge and practice of the engineering and computer science professions nationally and internationally by:
- EDUCATION: Providing the highest quality and innovative learning/teaching environment in undergraduate and graduate curricula, to prepare a diverse student body to be effective, contributing members of a technological society, and lifelong learners.
- RESEARCH: Expanding the knowledge base of engineering and computer science through dynamic research and, applying new discoveries for problem solving.
- PARTNERSHIPS: Providing collaborative leadership with external partners in advancing technological breakthroughs for the economic, and social well-being of humankind.
- OPPORTUNITY: Extending educational opportunities to technology practitioners locally, nationally, and globally to enhance human performance, and economic, and technical development.
College Core Values
- Honesty: Tell the truth and be aboveboard and candid.
- Integrity: Be held to the highest standards of trust and accountability.
- Professionalism: Adhere to a professional code of ethics, continuing to learn while striving for excellence.
- Family: Pursue life outside of the professional environment, giving family a priority.
- Altruism: Work as a team; help each other; and sacrifice for the common good.
- Understand that each individual’s work is part of a larger purpose and plan.
- A high caliber, diverse College that is recognized for leadership in research and teaching.
- Distinguished, innovative undergraduate programs to provide top-quality education for undergraduates.
- High quality graduate education to meet the needs of Florida and the U.S. and to achieve national and international prominence.
- A model for university outreach, globalization and partnerships
- A college with national and international visibility.
- An inclusive, open and supportive environment for all student, staff, and faculty.
Students who seek a challenging technical career in research and development, design, technical sales, manufacturing, management, teaching, or other professions requiring a methodical, creative solution to problems should seriously consider pursuing an education in engineering or computer science. The internationally-recognized faculty of the College of Engineering and Computer Science, together with its strong curricula of undergraduate and graduate programs, provide an opportunity for ambitious, responsible men and women to become the leaders of our increasingly technological world. Because of the significance of science and technology to our everyday lives, today’s engineer and computer scientist must be aware of the impact of his or her creations on society. In addition to the public health and welfare, aesthetics, economics, and energy-use implications, our graduates also consider environmental, sociological, and other humanistic costs. A degree from the College of Engineering and Computer Science is also recognized as a valuable asset to those entering other professional pursuits such as the medical or law professions, architecture, education, the military professions, or even politics.